Closing Date: Friday 30th October 2020
WML seeks a Sales and Marketing Associate to promote the ICE solution to target prospects, assist in the arranging of demonstration sessions, and monitor the progress of prospects through the sales cycle. Specific activities include the following:
- Identifying the correct client “customer” within the target organisation,
- Targeted calling of prospective client organisations.
- Securing and arranging 60 minute demonstration sessions for the Delivery and Design Director to present the ICE solution.
- Recording, tracking progress of prospects
- Supporting the general marketing activities of WML as required.
- Providing input to new marketing approaches and ideas
In order to complete these activities they will be provided with full training in the ICE solution.
The role will require working alone and making phone calls to individuals in a business environment. They will be expected to work independently with minimal direction during the day, and to work proactively on their targets and goals.
- Essential that they are a self starter and self motivated.
- Some experience and understanding of working in a sales-related role
- Friendly and personable character with an outgoing nature
- Must be comfortable with approaching individuals for the first time on the telephone
- Able to speak articulately and persuasively
- Able to deal with difficult client prospects and handle negative reactions on a day to day basis
- Able to work independently and from a non-disruptive home location
- Able to use typical Microsoft Office solutions (in particular Word, Excel, and less so PowerPoint)
- An understanding of any of the following will be seen as advantageous but not essential:
- Software sales in a business environment
- Governance, risk and compliance in organisations
- Technology and software solutions and underlying technology
Whitehall Management Ltd (WML) is a London based management consulting and technology company, established in 1997, specialising in governance, risk and compliance services and software. WML also provide:
- Programme and project management
- Business analysis and technology expertise
- Interim management
The company’s principal software solution is ICE (Integrated Control Environment). It is a nimble and practical internal control and compliance solution that brings together processes, data and technology to simplify, integrate and automate risk and control management across all “three lines of defence” in the organisation.
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
The approach to selling ICE focuses around demonstration sessions where the ICE solution is introducing to prospecting clients. During these sessions the core functionality and key benefits are presented. The demonstrations are typically delivered by the Design and Delivery Director and the Managing Director. These sessions typically take 60-90 minutes. Should the prospect remain interested the next steps will entail a proof of concept, determining implementation approach and any customisations before signing of contracts.
A key step in the approach is identifying and engaging new prospective clients to attend a demonstration session.
In addition, the company promotes its profile as experts in governance, risk and compliance through marketing activities. These typically take the form of posting their own articles on professional/social media sites (such as LinkedIn) or reposting/commenting on the articles of other professional firms and providers. Until recently the company also attended conferences and seminars, although this has temporarily stopped as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The target companies are from a range of industries but typically those that operate in closely regulated environments, for example financial services. Professional services firms that provide audit-related services are also a target sector. Target audiences are typically Heads of risk or control teams, heads of finance functions, and internal audit.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 30th October 2020